Richland Township, located in Fairfield County Ohio.Navigation
RICHLAND TOWNSHIP COMMISSION BOARD OCTOBER 20, 2016 8.43 USES NOT PERMITTED IN ALL DISTRICTS NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED that pursuant to R.C. 3796.29, the Board of Richland Township Zoning hereby prohibits cultivators, processors, or retail dispensaries licensed under this R.C. Chapter 3796 from operating within the unincorporated territory of Richland Township. BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that this resolution does not apply to research related to marijuana conducted at a state university, academic medical center, or private research and development organization as part of a research protocol approved by an institutional review board or equivalent entity. Gary Heffner, President Kendall Solt, Vice President Ronald Baker Jr. Mark...Read More
LEGAL NOTICE RICHLAND TOWNSHIP MEETING NOTICE THE RICHLAND TOWNSHIP BOARD OF TRUSTEES, FAIRFIELD COUNTY, WILL HOLD THEIR REGULAR MEETINGS ON THE SECOND AND FOURTH WEDNESDAYS OF EACH MONTH AT 6:00PM. EXCEPT NOVEMBER, WHICH WILL BE THE SECOND AND FIFTH WEDNESDAYS. ALL MEETINGS ARE HELD AT THE RICHLAND TOWNSHIP FIRE HOUSE, IN RUSHVILLE, OHIO. ANY SPECIAL MEETING OR MEETING CHANGES WILL BE PUBLISHED IN THIS NEWSPAPER AND OUR WEBSITE: richlandtownship.net. ALL MEETINGS ARE OPEN TO THE PUBLIC. THE RICHLAND TOWNSHIP ZONING BOARD OF COMMISSIONS WILL BE HOLDING MEETINGS ON THE FOLLOWING DATES: FEBRUARY 16, 2017, APRIL 20, 2017, JULY 20, 2017, AND OCTOBER 19, 2017. ALL MEETINGS BEGIN AT 6:00PM AND ARE HELD AT THE RICHLAND TOWNSHIP FIRE HOUSE IN RUSHVILLE, OHIO. THE 2016 ANNUAL FINANCIAL REPORT WILL BE COMPLETE AND AVAILABLE AT THE OFFICE OF THE FISCAL OFFICER BEGINNING MARCH 1, 2017....Read More
RICHLAND TOWNSHIP Fairfield County March 20th, 2016 CEMETERY MOWING BIDS Richland Township Trustees will accept bids for mowing Cemeteries during the 2016 mowing season for the following: (1) Custard Cemetery, 6740 Logan Thornville Rd. The cemetery is .73 acre. (2) Reid Cemetery, 8840 Pleasantville Road with .64 acres. (3) Stevenson Cemetery, 4600 Snake Run Road, .51 acres. (4) Winegardner Cemetery 5252 Thornville Road, .17 acre and (5) Woolard Cemetery 7352 Hampson Road, .06 acres, and (6) Pleasant Hill Cemetery, Gun Barrell Road is .05 acre. Bids must be on a Township Bid Form, obtained by contacting the Township Fiscal Officer at 1-740-536-9240 or Trustees. Proof of insurance needs to be attached to the bids. Bid forms are also available on our website: richlandtownship.net. Bids are to be sealed and marked “Cemetery Mowing”. Bids will be opened Wednesday, April 27th at the Richland Township Firehouse at 6:00 PM. All bids must be received by April 26th at 5150 Logan Thornville Rd Rushville, Ohio 43150. Richland Township reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids. Download the Cemetery Mowing Bid BY ORDER OF THE RICHLAND TOWNSHIP BOARD OF TRUSTEES Nancy R. Myers, Fiscal...Read More
Named after the richness and fertility of its soil.
Located on the eastern side of Fairfield County Ohio, Richland Township is the smallest of the 13 townships in the County. Just 24 sections, 4 sections wide (east to west) and 6 sections from north to south, it is named for its fertile soils. Founded in 1805, history tells us that Zane’s Trace passed through Rushville, originally called Clintontown and West Rushville on its way through the early Ohio County. The Trace helped to establish the early farm trade of the township as well as general commerce. With its rich history and beautiful countryside, Richland Township is a great place to discover.
Richland Township was established in January of 1801. It was one of the first townships in Fairfield County. It was named after the richness and fertility of its soil. It was cut down in size in 1817 and land from its eastern border was given to Perry County. Some early settlers of this township were Turner, Stevenson, Ijames, Teal, Geil, James Rowland, Jesse Rowles, and William Wiseman.
Towns and Villages:
Rushville: Laid out by William Turner and established on May 26, 1808. Original name was Clinton Town.
West Rushville: Laid out by John Ijams and established on February 27, 1817.
Baker, Campground-Stevenson, Cloud, Custard-Parret, Drumm, Indian Mound, Kaufman-Valentine, Kennedy, Kerlin-Morrow, New Oakthorpe, Old Oakthorpe, Pleasant Hill, Reid-Stoltz, Roberts, Ruffner, Rushville, Sain, Saum-Winegardner, West Rushville, Woolard.